Newness Around Here + A Happy Announcement!
Woah. Hello there.
A new year calls for some freshness to the blog. Don't you think? Me too.
1. I am happy to present to you, our fine readership, a Sunday Guest Post Series. We started the new year with a post from my introspective brother Andrew, and this Sunday will be musings from one of my favorite writers (and finest friends) Brooke Benton. From there on out, we've got some great writers lined up on many different topics--most of them spiritual in nature. And, I am also happy to report that our Guest Posters will be a garden variety of humans. Perfect reading for your Sunday afternoon.
2. Let's not leave out Saturdays either. On Saturday Chup will be posting Chup's Photo of the Week with his quippy commentary.
3. I announced yesterday that my theme for 2011 is Healing. We are going to get personal. Starting tomorrow, my favorite therapist (and next door neighbor) Janna Dean is going to post once a month on body image awareness. Her ideas might shock you, but perhaps in a way that will stir the pot of thoughts in your head. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait. Clappy hands!
(If you have stories or ideas about healing, pretty please email me at cjane @ gmail.com.)
4. Our goal is to get out and meet readers this year! We'd like to visit your towns, your eateries, your monuments of pride. We'll be in touch about where we'll be and when. We hope to see you there, wherever there is.
5. We're still trying to work out comments (Yay constructive comments! Boo crappy comments!). They might be on, they might be off--we hope you'll be patient as we try new approaches. You can always chat with me on facebook or (heaven forbid us all) twitter.
6. Which reminds me, we are going to be remolding all C. Jane blogs this year, so please expect minor delays and a few whirling dervishes (a term I learned from reading Roald Dahl) but know that all things will be running smoothly once we're finished with the construction. Until then, keep your hard hat handy. Ha, that was just cute.
7. In the past there was no hard rule on how to write my blogging name: c jane, cjane, CJane, C Jane, C jane and oh I could go on and on forever, and what fun would that be! Anyway, my advisor Skye from BlogHer once asked me if there were a style guide for my danged blogging name. So here it is: C. Jane. C for Courtney, Jane for Jane, C. Jane. Capital C period capital J ane. C. Jane. Oh who cares?
8. My happy announcement= The Deseret News has offered me a position as a featured columnist! I am pretty excited about this adventure. It's been a long time since I've had a column of my own in print. Like, well, high school when I wrote a fashion advice column (yay fashion in the 90's, flannel, flannel and more!) When I told my grandma she said, "That's wonderful. But I am sorry, I don't take the paper." (Aside, if your grandma doesn't "take the paper" who does?) My column will also appear on the Des News website so there's that great hope. Although, I am pretty sure my grandma doesn't "take the internet" either.
So, happy new year. Thanks for being here. I really, really appreciate it and if there is anything I can ever do for you, don't hesitate to ask. Whether I do it or not is another issue. I have contracts you know.
Thanks Jed Wells for the photo... and Chup for his tie and glasses (yay for 80's fashion!)
(... and the fact that my husband KEEPS EVERYTHING HE HAS EVER OWNED...)
On Dear C. Jane:
On C. Jane's Guide to Provo:
New stuff too.
I am C. Jane Kendrick and I'd say we are off to a good start. You can contact me personally at cjanemail @ gmail.com or leave comments on my facebook page and if you are on twitter you can find my tweets here. But no pressure.