Lights! Camera! Auction!
If I had the time I would make one gigantic list of all the heroic services people have provided for me and my family in the past few months. The list would probably extend from Retro House, down the street, through BYU campus and on into the depths of Utah Lake. I am in shock of how compassionate humanity can be, who knew? Seriously, who knew?
Just today we found two fully-signed Buffalo Bills footballs for Ollie and Gigs on our doorstep. This is so timely because we are sure Gigs is headed to Linebacker-dom and now is the time to motivate and manipulate his dreams. Or so they tell me. But seriously, it is not everyday that something like that happens . . . except, it is around here. We've been so blessed by the best hearts of this planet. I will be returning the favor for the rest of my life.
One of the most beneficial services rendered to us came by the way of a company called Lights Up Inc. a Christmas lighting company. They showed up at Retro House and made it sparkle. No charge. We might've been the first house in Provo to have Christmas lights up and operating, but we needed the glowing distraction. It's the Rockefeller tree-lighting celebration every night around here.
And Chup didn't even have to get on his orange ladder and curse loudly while hanging un-tamed tangled lights from our roof line. Not to insinuate that sorta thing happened last year, (and the two years before that) but it could've. This year Chup came home from work and saw that his house looked as festive as gingerbread. It is the light in my delight right now.
On an related note, during set-up they came equipped with a microwave so that they didn't have to heat up lunch in my kitchen:
See? You didn't believe me until you saw the photo. I know!
And you can even let the children watch a live tutorial:
See? Notice the glue gun. That is how they keep their lines straight. Glue gun!
This is the point in my post where I announce that Lights Up Inc has generously offered one auction package so that you too can have a merry holiday (and keep your husband virtuous) while knowing that 100% of the proceeds of this auction will go to my cute sister and her family.
Here are the details:
- Bidders must live in Utah. Lights Up Inc. will serve as far south as Spanish Fork and as north as Ogden. Heber Valley and Park City are included.
- The lighting package includes the LED C7 with the choice of the incandescent lighting. Lights Up Inc. will decorate the front of your home, including roof lines and peaks.
- This auction will start at 1am today (Tuesday, December 2nd) and will end tomorrow night (Wednesday, December 3rd) at midnight mountain standard time. This is a quick auction so you should probably stay on your computer all day if you want to win. Hire a babysitter too.
- Following the close of the auction, the winner will pay for their item via the Stephanie and Christian PayPal account. The winner will then forward the PayPal receipt email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their mailing address. I will then contact Lights Up Inc and let them know you are the very relieved winner of this fine auction. They will then contact you to communicate about further details.
- There will be only one winner which will be the highest bidder (bidding will take place in the comment section of this post).
- You can visit Lights Up Inc for more information.
Thank you Lights Up, thank you Buffalo Bills, thank you our friend Design Mom for inventing online auctions, thank YOU (person at computer reading this right now, yes YOU, I know who you are, and I sincerely thank you just for scrolling down the page).
Let the auction commence!